Sunday, April 28, 2013

C4T

Eric Langhorst is an 8th grade American History teacher at South Valley Junior High School in Liberty, Missouri. His blog post this week was the subject of a presentation that he was supposed to do for a convention. It was a snow day so it got canceled. He decided to post a youtube video of his presentation titled Best Sites and Apps for Teachers. He used screencast-o-matic to make his presentation which includes a list of 50 websites and apps that might be useful to a teacher. He also includes links to everything. I saved the video to my favorites so I could refer back to it.
In my comments I mainly introduced myself and thanked him for posting such a valuable resource.
For my blog post this week I had to go back to a previous blog post by Mr. Langhorst, because he did not have a new posting. He writes about attending the 2012 Google Teacher Academy. He talks about Google tools,Google Culture, and the GTA network. He talks about what a great experience it was and how much information he took away from it. One of the most interesting parts o his blog post was his description of working environment of Google the Company. _20% time, relaxed campus atmosphere(where employees can bring their pets to work with them), prepared meals in the Google cafeteria, bowling alleys, and massage rooms-Google truly sounds like an innovative place to work for. Mr Langhorst had nothing but good things to say about his experience. I hope that I have a chance to attend one of them one day. Hello my name is Heather Heiskell I am a student in EDM 310, at the University of South Alabama.This was a really interesting post. I have used Google plenty of times, but I have never thought about it much further than that. I hope I have the opportunity to visit Google for myself one day and attend one of these conventions. Thank-you for sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment