Saturday, March 2, 2013

C4T #2 (Project #3 Part 2)

That Time My Network Didn't Become Trolls
My C4T was a bit complicated this week. William Chamberlain had posted a comment on his blog regarding a comment from a student in EDM 310 here at University of South Alabama. Don Brookover stated his opinion on his blog and it threw a lot of people into an uproar. This ended up on Twitter. I wish I could have actually found the comments on Twitter, but I could not. Don Brookover wants to know why reading  and commenting on other peoples blogs is going to help him be a better teacher. I guess everyone that is taking this class may be thinking that sometimes. I really commend Mr. Brookover for putting his true feelings on his blog. As future teachers we are all different. We think different and we will all have our own teaching styles.

The Lunch Project Day One: Beginning the Project
This week William Chamberlain's students are working on a math project. They are analyzing lunch data collected over the past month. They are looking at what food the students eat most often and on what days it is served on. Mr. Chamberlain picked this over working problems in the textbook. The Students are engaged enough to be thinking of other ways they can use the information to address issues with the lunch program. I think this is so much better then just sitting in a classroom learning problems from a textbook, or from the board.

No comments:

Post a Comment